MCR, as part of the General Machinery group acts responsibly and gives back to the community in which we do business. As a group, our corporate social responsibility is delivered through the Palle Moeller foundation, whose objectives are:
- To advance education to the public in all subjects of learning including agriculture, medicine, crafts, business and the liberal arts throughout the world.
- To relieve poverty throughout the world.
- To provide housing and accommodation to those persons throughout the world who by virtue of their circumstances are in need of such facilities.
- To promote public health through the provision of health care to those persons throughout the world who by virtue of their circumstances are in need of such facilities.
- To relieve persons throughout the world who are suffering hardship as a result of drought, earthquake, flood or other natural disaster or who by reason of their social and economic conditions are in need of assistance.
The foundation operates fully in Uganda and provides services to those in need especially the elderly, people with disabilities and children.